August 10, 2016
The School District of Lee County is committed to providing information to you regarding your child’s teacher and paraprofessional qualifications in a timely manner upon request.
You have the right to request the following information:
- Whether the teacher has met state licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualifications of licensing criteria have been waived.
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
- Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals, and, if so, their qualifications.
- Your child’s level of achievement on each of the State academic assessments.
You will be notified in writing if your child has been assigned or has been taught for more than four consecutive weeks by a teacher who has not met the NCLB highly qualified criteria.
Please be assured that the School District of Lee County is dedicated to providing our students with a quality education. The information regarding the qualifications of your child’s teacher and/or the classroom paraprofessional may be obtained from the secretary to the principal.